Monday 21 April 2014

Paper people in the paper towns

Happy Easter Monday,

I just finished reading Paper Towns by John Green, literally about a half hour ago and while it's still fresh in my mind I wanna share it with you while I listen to Eins Zwei Polizei by MO-DO. First I have a little complaint about John Green's novels: I fly through them WAY too fast. I literally bought Paper Towns before lunch on Friday and here I am Monday evening, finished.



Now this is a totally minor complaint because the stories are so interesting that I stay glued and deeply desire to find out what happens. In reviewing this book I'm going spoil a bit but I think it's necessary, so deal.

Paper Towns by John Green is yet another great novel by John Green. It was so interesting I stayed glued to it in such a way that I think I may have discovered an interest in mystery novels, which this novel largely is as Quentin Jacobsen pieces together the hints left behind my Margo Roth Spiegelman. Basically Quentin and Margo have a epic night then she vanishes and he becomes an investigator trying to track her down. Hope that doesn't spoil much.

I had just finished reading Looking For Alaska (also JG) when I had started Paper Towns, and if you've read LFA, you'll understand why the moment she disappeared I thought she was dead. That might spoil a bit too... opinion time.

Overall I think it's the best John Geen novel I've read yet and I'm excited to read An Abundance Of Katherines, but I have to wait until payday (and maybe after I finish other books on my shelf) before I can buy the next novel.

If you read any of John Green's novels, especially if you like mysteries, read Paper Towns.

-Horace

No comments:

Post a Comment